Thursday, August 7, 2008

Heading Home!

Sorry for the delay in blogging. We spent a couple of days at the lake with Eva and Coby. Fun times!
Before I start the blogging, I will put the plea out one more time:
Is there ANYONE who feels led to help take the vans back to El Paso???? Byron flies out to Atlanta upon his return and Rob was suppose to have kids at Rock the Desert on Friday- but he and I will have to forego RTD for the van return as it stands.. They are going to be exhausted ...Anyway....It is a need, please pray about it and see how the Lord leads.

The last couple of days I've only had only a few text messages.

Tuesday was a pretty rough day for them as they lost 5 to sickness. They were able to go into one of the villages, however and had a great day of ministry. Noone accepted Christ on Tuesday but they felt that the people were very receptive and the students did a beautiful job again in ministry.

Wednesday Text:
"Day was fun...everyone was feeling better. We toured Copper Canyon then went to the hot springs in another part of the canyon. Ate pizza in Creel tonight...then everyone finished shopping. Leaving at 6am for home!"

I asked what time they thought they'd be back and he said "9pm?????" With the road into Creel being crazy as they have been for them each day, I think that he was afraid to put an exact time on it. If I hear more, I will post!

Thank you for praying for the team this week and, parents, for entrusting your treasures to Rob and Byron (and mostly to the Lord) for the week. I know that, like me, you are anxious to have them all back on Midland soil! Isn't it such a blessing to hear the stories and know what a beautiful ministry that they have had this week!
God is SOOOOO GOOD!!!!

By the way...keep this blogspot on your favorites. We will begin to use this for details (time, place, etc) when we have an activity!

No comments: